Patriot Ride For Our Heroes was born last fall when Tim Esser took his personal ride to Twenty-Nine Palms with several wounded marines.
Date: Friday, October 25 & Saturday, October 26, 2013
Time: Vendor Expo begins Friday Noon to 9:00pm, and again on Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The ride start times are between 6:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. on Saturday the 26th.
Where: Old Town La Quinta, La Quinta
Cost: Vendor expo free; registration for ride depends on length ranging from $10 to $70.00
5 mile $10
10 or 15 mile (TBA) $25
25 mile $40
50 mile $60
100 mile $70
More: Patriot Ride For Our Heroes was born last fall when Tim Esser took his personal ride to Twenty-Nine Palms with several wounded marines. Their spark, energy, and enthusiasm set this new ride ablaze. Growing up with a father who was D-8 (8th day on Normandy), and a mother who was very involved with the USO, Tim has always wanted to have a ride that will benefit local charities associated with Active Military, Veterans, Fire, & Police, hence the Patriot Ride!
The event will be held in Old Town La Quinta, on October 26, 2013. Imagine:
A bicycle event with hundreds / thousands of active military, veterans and other cyclists experiencing:
- Staged in the middle of Old Town La Quinta draped in a theme of red, white and blue
- Up to 400 marching band / choir members singings ALL military medley themes as riders are staged at start
- Fly over of law enforcement / military air craft at the start
- Cycling thru military vehicles, fire / police cars and several hundred or MORE motorcycles with American flags mounted on them.
- Cycling thru several thousand American flags mounted on poles along the routes.
- Free food, energy drinks and entertainment at every rest stop along several hundred miles of routes
- Large vendor expo featuring food, military information booths, and of course all sorts of cycling gear
Over 70 committee and media/marketing personnel attended the first kick-off meeting. The outpouring of support has been second to none, and we anticipate a fun-filled day on October the 26th! We look forward to seeing you there! Please tell your friends and family!